Last Updated: January 2021
Your Privacy Rights
Personal Information We Collect From You Directly
We collect different types of information from users. The personal information we may collect includes:
- Personal Data:
- Contact information, such as your name, mailing address, email address, and telephone number;
- Financial payment information, such as credit card, debit card, and other financial payment information;
- Usage Data:
- We collect additional information regarding users’ activities on the website or via the Services, including your internet protocol ("IP") address, information about your web browser software and version, if you arrived at our website through a link from a third-party website, the uniform resource locater ("URL") of the linking page, your mobile device identifier and other information about devices you use to access our website or the Services, and information about your activity while visiting our website or using the Services, such as which pages you choose to view, queries you make using our "search" function, and other information about your account usage.
- Unique identifiers, such as username and password.
- Preferences information, such as product wish lists, order history, and marketing preferences; and/or
- Certain other information you may provide to us in your communications or in connection with other products or services, including birthdate, gender, and photographs.
How we collect Personal Information
We may collect personal information about you in several ways, including when you provide it to us voluntarily, when it is provided to us automatically as you navigate through the site, and when it is provided to us by third parties.
Information You Provide to Us
We collect personal information when you voluntarily provide such information through the website or other communications. For example, we may collect personal information when you visit our website, create an account or purchase online, subscribe to receive our communications, contact us with questions, provide feedback regarding our products, or answer questions about your product interests. You do not have to provide your personal information to us, but if you decide not to do so, you may limit the features that you are able to access through the Services.
You also may provide information to be published or displayed (hereinafter, "posted") on public areas of the website, or transmitted to other users of the website or third parties (collectively, "User Contributions"). Your User Contributions are posted on and transmitted to others at your own risk. Although [we limit access to certain pages/you may set certain privacy settings for such information by logging into your account profile], please be aware that no security measures are perfect or impenetrable. Additionally, we cannot control the actions of other users of the website with whom you may choose to share your User Contributions. Therefore, we cannot and do not guarantee that your User Contributions will not be viewed by unauthorized persons.
User Data Supplementation
As you navigate through and interact with our website, we may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions, and patterns, including: details of your visits to our website, including traffic data, location data, logs, and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on the website, and information about your computer and internet connection, including your IP address, operating system, and browser type. The information we collect automatically may include personal information or may only contain statistical data that does not include personal information but which we may maintain or associate with personal information we collect in other ways or receive from third parties. This helps us to improve our website and to deliver a better and more personalized service, including by enabling us to: estimate our audience size and usage patterns, store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize our website according to your individual interests, speed up your searches, and recognize you when you return to our website. The technologies we use for this automatic data collection may include: browser cookies, flash cookies, and web beacons. Please find more information about our use of tracking technologies below.
Like many companies, we and our third party partners, such as advertising partners, marketing partners, and service providers, use certain technologies, such as cookies, beacons, tags, and scripts. These technologies are used in analyzing trends, administering our website, tracking users’ movements around our website and to gather demographic information about our user base as a whole. We may receive reports based on the use of these technologies by these companies on an individual, as well as aggregated basis.
You may be able to disable cookies by changing a setting in your web browser. Please note, however, that without cookies you may not be able to take full advantage of all the Services' features.
We do not control third parties' tracking technologies or how they may be used. If you have any questions about an advertisement or other targeted content, you should contact the responsible provider directly.
We use Local Storage Objects (LSOs), such as HTML5 to store content information and preferences. Various browsers may offer their own management tools for removing HTML5 LSOs.
California law requires that we disclose whether or not we recognize and honor user browsers signals to not be tracked. If you wish not to have this information used for the purpose of serving you targeted ads, you may opt-out by clicking here. Customers from the European Union may alter their advertising preferences here. Please note that this does not opt you out of being served advertising. You will continue to receive generic ads.
How We Use the Information We Collect About You
We may use the personal information we collect about you in the ways described below.
- Contact Us. We may use personal information about you to respond to your questions and comments when you communicate with us through links or pages provided by the Services, such as the "Contact Us" feature. We may use information we collect from you to process and respond to your requests, comments, inquiries, and other forms you submit through the Services. We may, but are not required to, obtain your consent before using your personal information for these purposes.
- Shopping. If you purchase products through our website, we will use personal information about you to process your purchase, confirm your order, and deliver the items to you.
- Email Newsletters and Promotions. With your permission, we may use personal information about you to send you newsletters, exclusive offers and promotions, and product news through email. We also may use personal information about you to administer our promotions.
- Surveys, Sweepstakes, and Message Boards. We may use personal information about you and/or collect additional information as set forth above, to enable you to participate in features such as surveys, polls, sweepstakes, and message boards. We may use a third party service provider to conduct these surveys or sweepstakes.
- Feedback. We may use information you provide to us regarding our products and services to provide product feedback to our customers through the Services.
- Improving our Services. We use your information to enhance our understanding of our users’ preferences and improve our Services and website accordingly. We may, but are not required to, obtain your consent before using your personal information for these purposes.
- Protection of Individual's Vital Interests. In emergency situations, we will use or share your information when doing so is necessary to protect an interest that is essential for an individual’s life.
- Other Legitimate Interests. We will use and disclose your information when necessary for the Company’s legitimate interests, as long as such interests are not overridden by our users’ interests, rights, and freedoms with respect to their personal information.
Information We Share
We may share personal information with other entities in the following circumstances:
- Subsidiaries and Affiliates: We may disclose personal information that we collect or you provide to our subsidiaries and affiliates, who in turn may share personal information among themselves.
- Service Providers. We may share your personal information with service providers that perform certain functions or services on our behalf (such as to host websites, manage databases, perform analyses, send communications for us, process payments on our behalf, ship your orders, provide you with live chat service, or provide certain other components of websites). We use best efforts to not authorize service providers to use or disclose your personal information except as necessary to perform services on our behalf, contractually or otherwise. We also use best efforts to only share the minimum amount of personal information with these service providers as needed to perform their tasks.
- Analytics. We may allow third parties to collect your personal information in order to provide us with analytics. For instance, the Services may use analytics tools provided by Google to help us understand how people use the Services. You can learn more about how Google collects and uses information as a part of its tools at http://www.google.com/analytics/.
- Marketing Partners. We may share your personal information with select marketing partners that we believe would be of interest to you. If you do not want us to share your personal information with these partners, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Legal Process. We may disclose your personal information to respond to subpoenas, court orders, or other legal process in response to a request for cooperation from law enforcement or another government agency, and to comply with our other legal obligations.
- Transactions. We may share personal information in connection with a corporate transaction, such as a sale, assignment, divestiture, merger, bankruptcy, consolidation, reorganization, liquidation, or other transfer of the business or its assets. The purchaser or prospective purchaser that receives personal information from us in connection with a corporate transaction will be obligated to use and disclose the information solely for purposes related to the transaction, to protect the information with appropriate security safeguards, and to return the information or destroy it within a reasonable time if the transaction does not proceed. We will use reasonable efforts to notify you via email and/or a prominent notice on our website of any change in ownership or uses of your personal information, as well as any choices you may have regarding your personal information.
- Other Circumstances. As otherwise described to you at the point of collection or pursuant to your consent.
Information Collected from Visitors Outside the United States
If you are using the Services from outside the United States and provide us with personal information, please note that your personal information will be transferred, stored, and processed in the United States. The data protection laws in the United States may not be as comprehensive as those in your country of residence. By doing business or interacting with the Company and the Services, you are consenting to the transfer of your personal information to facilities located in the United States and other facility locations selected by the Company.
We Provide You Choices
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the personal information you provide to us. You can subscribe to receive marketing offers or solicitations from us through email. Please note that these requests may take up to 10 days to be effective. If you prefer to not receive marketing emails from us contact us at email@example.com.
Please note that your request to not receive marketing emails from us will not apply to messages that you request or that are not commercial in nature. For example, we may contact you concerning any purchases you have made with us, even if you opt out of receiving marketing messages.
If you have established a user account in connection with one of the Services, you may be able to review and request changes to some information that the company maintains about you through your account settings or by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will use best efforts to respond to your request for access within 30 days.
Retention of Personal Information
We will retain your personal information for as long as your account is active or as needed to provide you the Services. If you wish to cancel your account or request that we no longer use your personal information to provide you the Services, contact us at email@example.com. Notwithstanding the foregoing, we will retain and use your personal information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
Sharing Site Content with a Friend
You may be able to share certain content from the Services with others by asking us to forward the content. To share information, we ask for the recipient's and your name and email addresses. We will automatically send your friend a one-time email inviting him or her to visit our website. We store this information for the sole purpose of sending this one-time email and tracking the success of our referral program. Your friend may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to request that we remove this information from our database.
The Services include customer reviews. You should be aware that any information you provide in this area may be read, collected, and used by others who access them. To request removal of your personal information from our customer reviews, contact us at email@example.com. In some cases, we may not be able to remove your personal information, in which case we will use best efforts to let you know if we are unable to do so and why.
Social Media Widgets
Third Party Websites
The Services may provide links to websites operated by third parties for your convenience and information. All of these websites and applications operate independently from us, and we do not control their privacy practices. The Company does not endorse or make any representations or warranties concerning, and will not in any way be liable for, any informational content, products, services, software, or other materials available on an external website, even if one or more pages of the external website are framed within a page of this Service. The Company is not responsible for the privacy practices of any external website. We encourage you to review the privacy policies of any third-party websites and applications that you use to better understand their privacy practices.
Third Party Cookie Integration
First Party Cookie Integration
We may also use technologies, such as our own cookies, to provide you with relevant online display advertising tailored to your interests. To opt out of our cookies used for this online advertising, click here.
How We Protect Personal Information
We maintain reasonable security procedures to help protect against loss, misuse, or unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, or destruction of the personal information you provide through the Services.
Among other safeguards, our third party providers may use Secure Sockets Layer ("SSL") technology to help protect transmissions over the internet of your payment card data.
Unfortunately, no data transmission over the internet or stored on a server can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. As a result, while we strive to protect your personal information and privacy, we cannot guarantee or warrant the security of any information you disclose or transmit to us online and cannot be responsible for the theft, destruction, or inadvertent disclosure of your personal information. If you have any questions regarding security, you can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We will use best efforts to notify you in the event we become aware of a security breach involving your personally identifiable information (as defined by the applicable state and federal laws) stored by or for us. By disclosing your email address or mobile telephone number to us for any reason, you expressly consent to receive electronic notice from us in the event of such a security breach.
Our website and the Services are not directed to and not intended for persons under the age of 13. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13. If a parent or guardian becomes aware that his or her child has provided us with personal information without their consent, he or she should contact us via the contact details listed below. If we become aware that a child under 13 has provided us with personal information, we will delete such information from our files.
How to File a Complaint
Data Protection Officer
The Company has appointed a Data Protection Officer to oversee our GDPR compliance efforts. You may reach the Data Protection Officer at email@example.com.
How to Contact Us